On 24-25 December, 2020 the Wrap-up Stakeholder Meeting was held in Byurakan in the framework of HCFC Phase-out project (Phase II). The meeting was attended by the representatives of the Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Economy, the National Body for Standards and Metrology, the Urban Development Committee, the relevant departments, members of the Armenian Refrigeration Association, and the National Ozone Unit experts.
Deputy Minister of Environment Anna Mazmanyan and UNIDO Country Representative Anahit Simonyan welcomed the participants. In his video message, Halvart Koppen, Regional Coordinator of the ECA Network, expressed his gratitude to the stakeholders for their close cooperation and initiatives.
The event started with the presentation of the activities carried out during the II phase of HCFC Phase-out project, followed by the working discussions on the draft activities to be implemented within the framework of the III phase of HCFC Phase-out project.
On the first day Liana Ghahramanyan, National Ozone Focal Point, presented the goals of the meeting, the sectoral subdivisions to be discussed and the relevant activities carried out in each of them. They included the following sectors:
The discussions of the draft HPMP Stage III on the second day were concluded with the presentation of the following recommendations:
- Expand the geography of secondary vocational education centers together with the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport;
- Establish close cooperation with the normative-technical department of the RA Urban Development Committee,
- Develop an awareness-raising strategy to increase consumer awareness;
- Organize round table discussions with RAC Association of Armenia to promote its activities;
- Continue training of customs officers.
The recommendations developed by the participants are to be considered in the draft HPMP Stage III Project and included in the 2021 Work Plan of the National Ozone Unit